Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Random Recollection

It's been four months since I last blogged. Not saying this is a big return. Chances are, I will space it, or over-think it or forget it all over again. And, I really have no BIG idea for this post. Just a checking-in of sorts.

In the past 4 months:

1) Became a mother of a high-schooler: Absolutely freaks me out since I so clearly still remember BEING in high school. But, I refuse to parent out of fear and so we are chugging right along. Hiccups of course.

2) Officially have 2 teens: Another freakish but, fun event. Being 21 with my first kid, far away from my mommy with a partially paralyzed face feels like a lifetime ago. It definitely makes for some good memories.

3) Decorated a tree, in shifts, with just my daughter: VERY bittersweet but, not nearly as sad as it sounds. We still retained the 'oh remember this ornament?' fun after Grace and I did the hard work.

4) I look UP to my son: maybe for a little while longer than the past 4 months but, I have to stand on my tip-toes to see eye to eye. The oddity of this hits me at strange times. Like when he is sick and I am dragging him in to see the doctor. I am 5 steps ahead with a "man" following me complaining of his pain but, insisting we 'really shouldn't be here' & 'can we go home?' & 'can we get some food on the way home?'

5) Celebrated my 18th New Years with Jeremy: Our kids kept us up in the air about their plans so, we ended up by ourselves with no real plans around 9:00. So, an impromptu night at home...Wii bowling, music and dancing. Yes, we danced. By ourselves. In our living room. Same time, same place next year...right babe?

6) Marked our 9 year anniversary as a church: (January 6, 2002) This is humbling, amazing and merciful, There are not many words for it. It is all God. And for that, I am truly thankful.

7) Enjoyed a couple family trips: Grace competed in Vegas for San Marcos Pop Warner cheer. Her last year :( The team rocked & my girl has some killer kicks. Also, we managed to get away to Mammoth. So fun, so EASY and so bittersweet. Fun because it's MAMMOTH. Easy because they have this down after 11 years of boarding for Noah and 9 for the goose. Bittersweet because they ride without us!

Are we there yet? Ahhh...not so much. Life just keeps rolling along...by God's grace.

No comments: