Monday, March 14, 2011

A Simple Thought

I am an internet junkie. Often, I think I am over-informed. I am sure many would agree. We have up to the minute news on pretty much anything we would like information on. And, if anything random crosses your mind...there is always Google.

Obviously, there is no need to Google the disaster in Japan. It is all over the news and in the forefront of many of our minds. Headlines read somewhat like: 'Magnitude 8.9 Earthquake in Japan' , 'Death Toll Rises, Thousands Still Missing', 'Tsunami Swallows up City', 'Survivors Hold out Hope', 'Bodies Wash Ashore', 'Nuclear Reactors Melting Down.' So, so, so saddening.

I would not ever attempt to minimize the travesty or the grief or the overwhelming helpless feeling of sadness. My thoughts and prayers are honestly there...albiet a bit detached and somehow not totally connecting sometimes. I see the images of people weeping, homes lost and bodies being carried away and I cannot really imagine the totality of the situation.

And, I hear: 'Oh, you just wait...California is next.' Or, see flooding in other parts of our country. In the news I see buses overturning on US soil while people run amok and kill each other.

So, here is my simple thought; I looked at Jeremy tonight and honestly said this: All of this chaos would normally scare me. But, I know it is inevitable. This world is dying. If the radiation comes here or an earthquake happens...one thing I know: my God has prepared a place for me. There are many rooms. If it were not so, he would have told us. Therefore, take comfort in knowing....there is more than what we see. And, God WILL bring beauty from ashes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great post!