Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A new start

First off, it has been an interesting week. I am ending that statement with a light chuckle. For me, it has been a week of dodging arrows and gently pulling out the ones I didn't escape. I was just telling a friend that the "enemy" goes on the prowl when I least expect it. I am sure you all know this, and experience these same onslaughts.

So, since I have been rescued a few times this week, right when I was ready to throw in the towel, I found the verses I want to commit to memory.

My kids tease me because I alway say "timeout" when I want everything to pause for a moment. This usually happens when everyone is talking at once, there is confusion or something is happening that I just plain don't like. I am thinking, armed with the following verses, my "timeouts" will be properly handled.

Philippians 4:5-8

Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and let the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things.

I have had a few people respond on my Facebook that want to join me in this challenge. So, this first week let's make this our plan: meditate and memorize the scripture throughout the week. On Sunday, I will touch base with all of you to see how we are progressing. However, I would LOVE to hear from you sooner if you have any insight, cool ways this related to your life or just to share and encourage one another. Please feel free to leave a comment here or on my Facebook. Let's see where this takes us. I am so excited to employ this discipline in my life and VERY thankful to have fellow friends join me.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Good job on the challenge! Count me in.....LOVE IT!!