Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An Invitation

Last week, my son thrust a yellow permission slip before me and rather eagerly invited me to be a chaperone on his field trip. Needless to say, I was quite honored.

Since both he and his sister are in the same school and a grade apart, this was a field trip she would be attending too. He cornered me in the kitchen and essentially called "dibs" on me driving HIS classmates. (ironically though, my daughter and one of her friends ended up in my car)

The field trip to Hotel Del Coronado sounded exciting however; the day of the week the trip was scheduled for did not since I lead a small group in my bible study on Wednesday's. I hesitated for a moment until I looked to my 14 year old son and realized I may be holding a precious and possibly limited invitation. I certainly would hope not, but realistically, I know that my "coolness" may wear off at any moment.

So, one commitment was passed to another while I attended to one if my most valuable commitments and accepted my son's invitation.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: