Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Reputation

Last week, my family ordered some Pei Wei takeout. Grace and I are the fortune cookie gals. We take the selection of them very seriously.

(for all the uber-Christians out there, we don't take the fortune as truth but, we have a lot of fun with it)

Grace and I carefully selected our cookies. After opening hers, she turned to me and said: 'mom, I got yours.'



I guess I have some sort of a reputation. Most people would argue that I probably refuse dessert fairly often.

Seconds later, she said: 'since when did fortunes become suggestions?'. Gosh I love her. She cracks me up.

In case you are concerned about my dietetic limitations, I indulged in some amazing homemade chocolate soufflé Saturday night. AND, I purchased brownies for Grace to bake this week and have taken a nibble or two. Also, I am sure my self serve yogurt obession doesn't really count but, I do frequent FroYo enough times in one week to fulfill my fortune.

Needless to say, there are blessings and curses in all our habits and activity.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

mick mcginty said...

You two are lucky that you run around all day and burn those calories up. You both could afford to have an extra treat now and then, unlike this rock(stationary).