Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Wednesday

First off, I am not going to memorize a new verse this week. I really feel like I need to meditate on the ones I have already chosen and be sure I really "know" them. I would love to hear any tips or updates from you as to your system of memorizing or how things are going. Feel free to leave a comment. ;)

Also, I am thoroughly convinced there are not enough hours in the day sometimes. I am having one of those "I am almost overwhelmed because I have so many things I want to do/could do/need to do" days.

Por exemplo, the things I NEED to do: clean out my closet (yuck), organize the armoir/bookcase/catch-all (yuck), purge 2-3 cabinets in the garage (yuck). Yuck, yuck, yuck. Yes, that is how I feel about those and why they are ALWAYS on my list.

The things I WANT to do: exercise (actually ran already today), yoga (DVD player no workie cuz I am no techie), read (see all of the above and below to know that I tend to get distracted)

Things I COULD do: sleep (hmmm), and blog (whoops...this is what I AM doing)

Anyway, now you might understand why I say almost overwhelmed because, I am really not overwhelmed at all. Just confused.

But, before I get all drama on you, I will tell you what the Lord has been showing me recently. "Dwell on what is good." So, I will count the run, the returned e-mails, dishes done, 1 load of laundry, 1 important phone call, removal of Christmas lights (yes, 4 months overdue and actually on Jeremy's list. Probably another blog in itself), 30 minutes of reading and this writing this blog as victories! I am fairly confident all the things on my needs list are going nowhere.

Once I post this, I am heading to my favorite chair in the quietness of my bedroom. There, I plan to read my bible, review my verses and grow in my parenting. I am currently reading "Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to parenting Teens" by Paul David Tripp. I am not too far into the book but, it came with high recommendations and so far I have really enjoyed it.

Well, I am off to settle my mind and do a little relaxing. Oh, and I will share a somewhat cheesy but wise saying that was embroidered on this little wall hang thingy that hung in my kitchen growing up. I think I remember it so well because my mom was a very "busy" and clean mom and us kids would always playfully tease her for her prominent display of this saying. But, despite all her cleaning and busyness she was still an amazing mom. (yet, another blog) Anywho, here it is:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow. So, quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

p.s. I actually got goosebumps while I was writing that. Silly, I know. But, next to the saying was a picture of a woman rocking a baby and I suddenly remembered rocking my babies. And, (sniff) now I am off to read a book about parenting my TEENS!

No comments: