Thursday, April 16, 2009

A funny little thing about Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday is a big day around this house. One of the 2 biggest holidays for our family. Church was awesome, as I noted in my last post. But, I thought I would share some "insider" info about the prep for a church "holiday".

Saturday was unofficially a shopping day for a "special" Easter outfit. At first guess you may think that would seem logical for the woman of this house to look good but, this trip was not for me. In fact, I bought NOTHING. I tried on something cute but, knew I had something at home. (small victory for me) This was a shopping day for Jer.

The day goes like this:
a) Jeremy seriously has no focus when he shops
b) Once, I had to honestly coerce him into trying on more than one pair of jeans in an attempt to update his hand-me-down denim collection
c) If you abandon him...he will run
d) But, he really does want something new; therefore I focus

I am a practical woman. I honestly trust the people who dress the mannequins. I figure, in this economy, they better want to sell what they are selling. So, I point to 2 displays, request the size I want and send Jer to the dressing room. And, I stand like a sentry at the entrance to the dressing room. Although there were prints and colors and fashions galore, suprisingly I did not waver.
Fairly painlessly later, we decided on an "outfit". Oh, how mortified he would be if he knew I was calling it an outfit. Needless to say, it was a mission accomplished.

Now, I am sure you would expect a post of how incredibly handsome my husband looked on Sunday morning. (yes, I know it is not about the show but, looking good is still not a sin) Sadly, I did not take a pic! I vow to re-dress him soon.

But, I did indulge in one thing for myself for this special Sunday...a mani-pedi. This time, I was the one coerced into the pink by my daughter Grace. Her exact quote: "Rock the pink mom, it is Easter." (I have since purchased the pink)

No comments: