Monday, June 15, 2009

A New Experience

I am watching Jonas with Grace. Jonas, as in the Jonas brothers television show on Nickelodeon. A few observations on this:
  • I have always been a sucker for kids' t.v. I have been watching kids' shows for quite some time.
  • But, this is NOT kids' t.v.
  • I am now watching tween t.v.
  • Tween t.v. is very creative and a bit provocative.
  • Since it is on the tween/adult innuendo side, I have my work cut out for me.
  • I am watching 3 brothers try to date one girl.
  • My 11 year old is watching it with me which is why I have such a challenge. (actually, I am watching it with HER)
  • We are WAY beyond Teletubbies.

Well, although I can only put my thoughts in bullet points, my daughter is thoroughly loving me watching television with her. So, I guess I will tackle this challenge of boys, girls, flirting and life as it comes.

With a lot of prayer, I am confident I can handle this new phase of life. Thankfully, she still likes some animated movies.

1 comment:

mama2hana_ty said...

I am watching it with my 5 year old Hana who thankfully misses all the adult innuendos and just laughs at all the corny jokes. The boys are talented and their comic timing is not too shabby. xo