Monday, March 9, 2009

A confession...or two and a verse

First confession: I was a bit overzealous in my choice for a memory verse. In hindsight, I should have chosen a bit shorter verse to "warm up" my brain.

Second confession: Due to confession #1, I only know the first part of the verse. (oopsie) But, that might have been the plan of the Lord because I have used the verse countless times in the past week.

Phew, now that I have gotten that out of the way, let's get on with the next verse. My dear friend Christina suggested this one and I am so excited to meditate on it this week.

James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perserverance. Perserverance must finish its good work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I would LOVE to hear from you about how this relates to your life. Please leave a comment here, Facebook me or e-mail me. And, a huge thank-you to all of you who encourage me and are joining me in adopting the discipline of scripture memorization.

And, I have decided that Monday seems a more appropriate day to introduce a new verse. Some of us see each other on Sunday so, we can "test" each other then! Have fun.

No comments: