Monday, March 30, 2009

A verse for this week

The preface to this verse is that you reap what you sow. Immediately I think of how my actions and reactions affect my children and the people around me. I am already aware of some parenting patterns I have created that I want to undo. Parenting a teen and a tween is quite interesting.

My friend, Christina suggested this verse due to some tough circumstances in her life. For me, it is a reminder to keep "fighting the good fight".

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

My personal illustration/application:
When my daughter gets short and demanding with me; respond in gentleness. When my guilt attacks since I fear she learned it from me and I am tempted to lecture her; respond in gentleness. Put a hand on her shoulder, give her my attention...slow down.

No comments: