Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A life in my kitchen

I am going to give you a peek into my kitchen. This is somewhat frightening and revealing because you will see the total chaos and messiness that occurs there. First off, you must know that my house measures in at a whopping 1485 square feet. Even though I joke, it is usually enough space. Space only becomes an issue when life crowds in. And life in the kitchen is: A pile of dirty dishes in the sink after dinner. The one chore I refuse to do is unloading the dishwasher. I am confident that this is something the kids can do handily. ( I am still a bit controlling when it comes to loading because I am also confident that only I can load the dishwasher efficiently. I am working on this.)

If you pan to the kitchen table you see this:
I absolutely LOVE this table. As you can see it serves as a workstation for me and a landing zone for the kids' school stuff. Many nights you would see Jeremy in the chair closest to you. (With his back against the wall,of course. There is something about him being able to survey the room.)
If you look far to your right you see this:

This is the family computer which doubles as a television. (Hence, the obnoxious screen size. BTW, I rule at Wii bowling) Tonight it is also a staging area for Noah's "Science Faire Project". This project is a thorn in my side but, I really shouldn't complain because I was homeschooling 2 months ago and this was my EVERY day.

Thankfully, a large portion of the square footage of my home was alotted to the kitchen. And, I quite enjoy living life here. But, I must add just one more pic that signifies the inclusivity of this room:
My two scandalous puppies waiting and scrapping beside an open dishwasher. As if I am that sloppy! Oh wait, they must know I hand out scraps.

Please ignore the ugly yellow cord that stretches the length of my home when the nighttime falls. That is my sons' direct connection to the internet that ensures his timely kills in "Call of Duty." (Yes, my son plays killing games...sorry)

So, that is a little look into the life of the McGinty's that is lived within the walls of the KITCHEN. As I am sure you have realized too, everyone gathers in the kitchen.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! :) Oh, by the way....I'm challenging you to Wii bowling!!!