Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A timeout

I really need a timeout. You know the kind of day that leaves you a bit out of breath and a little confused as to who the heck thought it was a good idea to pack the schedule so tightly. Is there a coach I can blame?

So, before I take the timeout I would like to chronicle the play by play of the day:

6:00am This was actually a late start for me. But, I justified it since I worked WAY too long yesterday. I "forgooed" (Apprentice joke) my morning run so I could help my son with homework and postpone the shower.

6:00am-7:40am Breakfast, lunches, homework etc.

7:40am-7:50am I have a literal 5 minute commute to and from the kids' school. TOTAL. I really do consider it a blessing. The other 5 minutes account for the craziness of taking 2 dogs with me. I never learn.

7:50am-8:20am I freshen up and pack my bags for the day.

8:30am-9:20am A long overdue appointment at Jiffy Lube. And, since I have this free time and I am wireless, I work. E-mails, follow-up and process queues. At this point, I feel like I am off to a good start. Accomplished and eager.

9:30am-11:30am Bible study. This is actually a high point of the day because I am doing a really great study on the book of Daniel. The side note to this however is that I have to really force myself into a social mood today. Not only do I need a "physical" timeout, I need an "emotional" one too. It is just that sort of day when I do not feel like myself and shockingly I don't feel like talking.

11:30am-12:00pm A quick trip home to change the laundry, change for the gym and let the dogs out.

12:00pm-1:00pm Gym workout. Not the best idea when you are all-around tired but, at least it gets done.

1:00pm-1:40pm Lunch in front of my computer. Finishing work. A little annoyance is creeping in because I find myself watching the clock and calculating. I despise that feeling.

1:40pm-2:10pm A quick shower. I am a slow-poke when it comes to getting ready so, this is always a challenge for me. But, I am out the door in time for my next appointment.

2:10pm-3:00pm Down to Carlsbad and back for a quick appointment. Thankfully, I am still running on schedule.

3:00pm-3:35pm Feed the kids after school snacks and squeeze in a little cleaning for the bible study I host at my house tonight.

3:35pm-4:00pm Back down to Carlsbad to drop Noah off at a gym. This is where the poor planning on my part really starts to irk me.

4:00pm-4:20pm Grocery store. Although I went to Costco yesterday, my husbands abandoned cereal bowl thie morning reminded me that I need milk. Duh. Hate that. And, coffee creamer for bible study tonight AND ice. Broken ice machine. Silly inconvenience.

4:20pm-4:40pm Clean the bathroom, swiffer the floor, vacuum and flat iron my hair. All in 20 minutes! That must be a record somewhere.

4:40pm-5:00pm Commute across town, thankfully opposite Carlsbad or I would really look stupid to take Grace to tumbling. And, we managed a quick stop at Blockbuster. I have been a victim of the abandonment of the "no fees ever" policy. Needless to say, I am gonna win this time.

5:00pm-current Blogging in my car when I should be sleeping in my car. So, I think I might do just that. 25 minutes until tumbling is over. Then, it is the mad dash to get the kids to Jr. High group and back to my house to entertain guests. Maybe after this nap I won't have to force the smile.

Timeout.

No comments: